All patients registered with Crook Log Surgery are assigned a named, accountable GP.
From the 1st of December 2018 patients are allocated a named, accountable GP based on the following criteria.
- First letter of Surname begins with A - K: Dr Bishakha Chowdhury
- First letter of Surname begins with L - Z: Dr Sunil Roy
Please note, your named GP may be subject to change in the future.
What is a named GP?
Your named GP will take responsibility for the co-ordination of all apprporiate services and ensure that they are delivered to each of their patients where required (based on the clinical judgement of the named accountable GP). This is primarily a role of oversight.
The named GP will not:
- Take on vicarious responsibility for the work of other doctors or health professionals
- Take on 24-hour responsibility for the patient, or have to change their working hours. This does not imply personal availability for GPs throughout the working week
- Be the only GP or clinician who will provide care to that patient
Do I have to see my named GP?
Your named GP has no effect on appointment availability, your treatment, or which of our clinicians you can see. You are not required to see your named, accountable GP. You may continue to see any of our talented healthcare team.
Can I choose my own named GP?
If you would like to change your named GP from the one who has been allocated to you, please contact the surgery and we will do our best to accommodate this for you. Changing your named, accountable GP has no impact on the availability of appointments or the care you receive.